How to enter
Entry for the £1K competition is simple. You'll need to write up your business idea in NO MORE than 1500 words before the submission deadline, Monday 21st March 2005. You're allowed to include pictures, diagrams, tables and anything else that helps to explain your idea, but please keep the finished document to less than eight sides of A4. Please note that, as with all CU Entrepreneurs competitions, at least one team member must be a current member of the University of Coventry.
So, you ask, what do I write? Well, that's largely up to you, but as a guide you should try to include:
- A short summary of your idea at the start of the document
- Detailed description of the idea
- Analysis of your market
- Details of current or potential competitors
- Current idea status (if it happens to be more than just an idea at the time of entry) and, more importantly, your next steps
- A short discussion of idea protection - can you patent anything? Does existing intellectual property stand in your way?
- A bit about your team members
For more information and competition rules, please see the £1K handbook.
To download the entry form, click here.
The specific arrangements for entry submission will be announced here and on the £1K mailing list closer to the deadline.