Cambridge University Entrepreneurs (CUE) run one of the most successful business creation competitions in the world. Since 1999 CUE has evolved to being a key part of the University's ecosystem for supporting and accelerating entrepreneurship and innovation.
Congratulations to the CUE £5K Winners 2014-2015!
Congratulations to the CUE £5K competition winners and finalists!
- CUE £5K Science & Technology Winner 2015: Sinclair Fire
- CUE £5K Social Enterprise Winner 2015: Madanyu
- CUE £5K Software Winner 2015: Converge
- C R Lowe Carpe Diem Enterprise “Life Science Business of the Year 2015″: Healx
- CUE Angel Prize 2015: Cambridge Cardiology
- Longbow - Cambridge Technologies
You can check the public summaries of the winners and finalists here.
We would also like to congratulate the winners of the CUE Young Entrepreneur of the Year track:
- C R Lowe Carpe Diem Enterprise “Technology Innovation, Social Media and Social Enterprise Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2015″: Simon Engelke
- C R Lowe Carpe Diem Enterprise “ Life Science Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2015″: David Holden-White
- C R Lowe Carpe Diem Enterprise “ Life Science Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2015″: Phil Grayeski
Congratulations to the CUE £5K Winners 2014-2015!
Congratulations to the CUE £5K competition winners and finalists! Winners CUE £5K Science & Technology Winner 2015: Sinclair Fire CUE £5K Social Enterprise Winner 2015: Madanyu CUE £5K Software Winner 2015: Converge C R Lowe Carpe Diem Enterprise “Life Science Business of the Year 2015″: Healx CUE Angel Prize 2015: Cambridge Cardiology Finalists Longbow - Cambridge Technologies […]
CUE Business plan training
Last week’s business plan training session slides delivered by Peter Hiscocks are now available here.
Congratulations to the CUE £1K winners 2014-2015!
Congratulations to our winners and finalists (runner-ups) for the £1K competition! Read on for a brief outline of the best ideas. You can check the public summaries here. In no particular order… Technology & Life Sciences Winners Cambridge Cardiology (Paul De Sciscio, Jacob Brubert, Ingrid Wong, Romilde Kotze) A minimally invasive alternative to […]
CUE £1K Competition Awards Ceremony
CUE’s £1K Award Ceremony promises a banquet of exhilarating business ideas, including pitches from entrants of the £1K competition. Up to 10 £1K prizes will be given out during the evening – join us to find out who’s won! With Dr Hermann Hauser CBE, Professor Christoph Loch and Sam Loose among our keynote speakers, this […]
Ideas Take Flight
Ever had an idea that you thought could turn into a cool business, but wondered how? Looking at other successful start-ups, have you ever wondered "How do they do it?" The fact is that most successful entrepreneurs have, at some point or other, had a helping hand. With CUE's annual Ideas Take Flight competition, we can help turn your idea into commercial reality. The competition is open to entrants in three areas: Science and Technology, Social Enterprise and Software (click here for full rules and conditions). Although each area is run in three phases, you can enter any one or more at any stage before the respective closing date:
£100 for 100 words
"Write 100 words and convince our judges that your idea has legs"
Your entry can be in any of the three areas described above. Simply write 100 words describing your idea and enter for a chance to win one of twenty £100 prizes. At this stage the requirements are the same for each area.
Entering at this early stage will give you ample time to discuss your ideas and to access training and mentoring opportunities offered by CUE.
Submission form: deadline has passed (new competition will open in October 2015)
"Write a 1500 word executive summary to show your idea has wings"
Write a 1500 word executive summary of your idea for a chance to win one of ten £1k prizes before the final stage of the competition. At this stage the requirements are the same for all areas.
If you do not win this or the previous phase, you still can enter the final phase of the competition.
Submission form: deadline has passed (new competition will open in November 2015)
"Convince judges and investors that your idea can fly!"
In the case of Science and Technology or Social Enterprise you will be required to produce a 3500 word business plan. In the case of Software you will need to present slides, a demonstration video and a 2000 word business plan.
If you are successful at this stage, you will be invited to pitch your idea to a panel of investors and business angels for a chance to win one of the £5k prizes, the angel prize as well as potential investment in your business.
Submission form: deadline has passed (new competition will open in February 2016)
Enter the competition
Receive training, mentoring and/or sponsorship
Join the committee
Network and find like-minded people
The CUE Organisation
As an investor, there are various ways you can support CUE.
- Attend the networking and other events to give budding entrepreneurs the chance to talk to and interact with seasoned veterans
- Become a Judge for our flagship Ideas Take Flight event
- Invest directly in CUE to support us in growing the ecosystem
Needless to say, by becoming involved you will:
- Gain access to a growing body of early stage entrepreneurs and peers
- Grow your presence amongst the next generation of business leaders
- Be exposed to early stage technologies
- Gain an early “in” on investment opportunities
To discuss how you would like to be involved, please contact the CUE President.